London Student Guide – Where can I study? Part 1


Where can I study?

Kingston University.

There are 43 universities in London, the largest concentration of higher educational establishments in Europe. Many of the universities are located on the outskirts of the city in Greater London.

Imperial College London is a public research university in the centre of London and specialises in science, engineering, business and medicine. The university has an internationally renowned reputation and was positioned as 8th out of the top 400 universities in the world by The Times world university rankings.

The London School of Economics and Political Science (often referred to as LSE or London School of Economics) is based in Westminster and conducts teaching and research across a range of social sciences. The library at the university contains over 4.7 million volumes and is the world’s largest social and political sciences library.

Middlesex University can be found on the outskirts of London and has a strong reputation in the fields of business, computing and the arts. The university is spread across three campuses, in Hendon, Archway and Trent Park. Middlesex has a good student exchange programme in place with over 100 universities in more than 22 countries around the world.

Kingston University can be found in Surrey on the London border. The university is spread across 4 main campuses. Penrhyn Road is the largest campus and is home to students in the fields of social sciences, civil engineering, mathematics, geography and computing. Knights Park is home to the Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture and includes a photography studio, ‘Middle Mill’ halls of residence and the university’s Stanley Picker Gallery. Kingston Hill and Roehampton Vale campuses are a bit further from the centre of Kingston and offer places of study for nursing, law, business, engineering and social science students.

Related Articles

London Student Guide – An overview

Leave a Comment

Filed under Student City Guides

Comments are closed.